- You may access most areas of the website without registering your details with us. Certain areas of the website may require you to register
- By assessing any part of the website, you shall be deemed to have accepted this legal notice in full. If you do not accept this legal notice in full, you must leave the website immediately
- We may revise this legal notice at any time by updating this posting. You should check the website from time to time to review the then current legal notice, because it is binding on you. Certain provisions of this legal notice may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the website
- The Wesleyan Assurance Society Privacy Principals, set out below, explain how your information will be treated.
How will we use your personal information
We will only collect & use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you, and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and where relevant your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed
We may use information obtained about you from cookies (files which are sent to us by your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our Site in future. We do this to allow us to identify users and personalise the Site wherever possible. The cookies store small pieces of information about our visitors, such as names and email addresses. This means that on future visits to our Site, we can identify past visitors and welcome them back.
Change your cookie preferences
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Site.
In the event that your application is unsuccessful your details will be retained for 12 months. In certain circumstances where applications have been refused, such as conviction of financial fraud, we may retain application information for up to six years.
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- Candidates who choose to apply may access their profile, correct and update their details, or withdraw their details at any time. We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information. We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- Normally unsuccessful applications are only retained for a period of twelve months. In certain circumstances where applications have been refused, such as conviction of financial fraud, we may retain application information for up to six years
Our Commitment to You
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it is held
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes we ensure the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles. This will only take place where it is needed to process your application
- We will only use the information you provide to us on these pages in order to process the relevant application and will not be used for marketing purposes
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy while using this Website, please direct them to us. Contact email@example.com